Thursday, July 3, 2014

Lumberjack 100- Short Report

Entering Lap 1
This year's Lumberjack 100 was to be one of redemption for me.  It didn't quite turn out as planned but I will take what I was given.  Short story is that I was hauling on Lap 1 and was in 2nd Place SS behind Wadsworth.  Lap 2 came around and I was caught back by teammate Dwayne.  About halfway through this lap is when Ernesto came by us both unbeknownst that he was even there!  I put in a chase and was able to keep him in site for about 10 miles or so but lost track after he put in some serious work.  After this chase is when the wheels came off of the bus.

Mid Race- Still feeling
good
Entering lap 3 I was struggling to keep my pace. I was dealing with some tired legs that just wouldn't turn over.  It was once again in a similar spot that Dwayne came back up on me.  He wanted me to just keep pushing on but I was having trouble holding his pace and alas I had to just sit back and pedal what I could.  I kept pushing forward as I was hoping I could still salvage a 4th place finish.  After the last Aid station I was feeling ok after downing I don't know what from a plate of food put in front of me. As I pushed the bike up a sandy section that was unridable in my condition, Mike from TwinSix came up from behind me. He was riding strong at this point. I tried to stay with but again had to just pedal my own pace.  I put in some efforts over the next 10 miles to reel him back in but to no avail. Throughout the final 6 miles, I was constantly looking back wondering when I would be caught by the next SS. Luckily I made it to the final downhill with no one in sight.  Got to the finish this year though in 5th place SS and 20th Overall. The trails up there are wicked fast and smooth much like around here.  Will be back again next year to try and improve on my position!! All from this race. OUT!
SS Podium
Defeated but finished

Wicked Nice Accommodations for the weekend!
Post Race Meal Relaxation with Team Noah Foundation
View From the Cabin

No comments: