Sunday, January 20, 2013

Life as normal......

Well it has been same old, same old around here.  Lots of trainer riding and very little outside riding as the weather has turned cold and windy and my time has started to become limited.

School has taken over once again as the year made the turn into the second half and we are full steam ahead til May.  End of the month will bring Driver's Ed. and the fun that comes with that. Hopefully the kids start to turn around along with the calendar and we have better days than last semester.  Won't hold my breath though!!

As far as the riding, I have been trying to do some tempo intervals, sweet spot, and spinning on the trainer downstairs to pass these winter months. I don't mind staying on it for around 1:30 but much more than that and I just get bored and anxious. I hope that the weather will start holding around 30 here soon and I can enjoy outside again. Just don't find the enjoyment of 0 degree riding right now.  Was able to hit gravels on the 5th and 18th for a good 50 and 33 in 40 degree weather.  Actually felt good to get out there but the wind again is a pain in the butt. Knees has been bothering me this past month from what I can only conceive is me pushing maybe a little long last year.  Need to give it time to clear up before I hit the intensity portion of the season. 

Well I am going to keep pushing towards the season opener. Planning on starting the season sort of with the Pugsley World Championships here in Decorah at the end of February and then we will see where the trail takes us. May be heading down to Missouri again end of March to hit up some 6 hour races to get the blood flowing before starting the meat of the season at Syllamo's 125k on May 18th.  This will be the first NUE of the year for me and hopes to be the start of a great NUE season.  
Well as far as any other updates, NOTHING NEW!! Just me, my couch, my bike and my life as normal!  Later.

No comments: